Chill out playlist

It’s been a long time since I’ve made a playlist, so I thought I’d make that the subject of my next post! Life can get so hectic and we can let everything going on in the world get on top of us at times – I know I’m guilty of it way too often. I find music really helps me to calm down and feel much better when I’m stressed or just feeling a bit down, so I’ve put together a playlist of some of my favourite chilled out songs. So sit back, relax and take a look at some of my top chill-out tunes.

When You’re Ready – Shawn Mendes
I’ve been listening to Shawn a lot lately because I’m actually going to see him next week which I’m super excited about! To be honest I could put almost every Shawn Mendes song on this playlist as 90% of his songs are so chilled out and make me feel so calm, but I’ve managed to narrow it down to just two. I do recommend giving his entire album a listen though.

Fallin’ All in You – Shawn Mendes
Another amazing song by Shawn, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and I just love it.

Catapult – Jack Savoretti
This absolute gem of a song I actually discovered at work! I have my work to thank for a lot of my music discoveries to be honest – I’m forever trying to remember a line of a song I hear so I can google it later! Anyway, this song is so beautiful and whenever it comes on at work I just feel so calm and chilled out no matter what sort of a day I’m having.

The One – Kodaline
Continuing with the ‘songs I discovered at work’ theme – this song is absolutely stunning as well and another one that makes me feel so calm. It’s got such sweet lyrics and it’s impossible to feel anything other than warm and comforted inside when you’re listening to it.

Someone You Loved – Lewis Capaldi
I was actually lucky enough to be able to see Lewis Capaldi live when he supported Bastille in January and he was incredible! That was before this song became super popular and hearing it live was so so beautiful, even though it gets played a LOT now I don’t seem to get tired of it, and it does make me feel really chilled out.

Since we’re Alone – Niall Horan
Bet you were wondering how long it was until I threw in a One Direction member! But seriously, the whole of Niall’s album is so relaxing and easy to listen to, but this song is my favourite off the album and makes me feel happy.

Ever Since New York – Harry Styles
Ooh, there goes another one. Obviously I had to include a Harry song. Harry’s album is also really chilled but this song (aside from Sign of the Times) is one of the ones that makes me feel so at peace and like everything is right with the world.

Goodnight n Go – Ariana Grande
This is my favourite song off Ariana’s album ‘Sweetner’, it just really makes me feel so warm inside. It’s such a comforting song, just the backing music and the whole composition of the song makes it the perfect one to stick on when you need to relax.

What a Feeling – One Direction
You knew it was coming. But really this song is one of my favourites – it has such a chilled out vibe and it’s really different for a One Direction song (believe me, even my dad likes it). It’s super mellow and gives off retro vibes and just give it a chance even if you don’t like them because I promise you’ll love it.

I Want to Write you a Song – One Direction
I promise no more 1D after this! This is one of my favourite One Direction songs of all time; it’s literally THE sweetest song in existence. I love everything about it – the pencil sounds in the background making it sound like someone’s actually writing it as they go along, the harmonies, the angelic sounding chorus… it’s just  a really beautiful song and I can imagine it being sung at the gates of heaven. No exaggeration.

Innocent – Taylor Swift
Ah Taylor, queen of the chilled out ballad with lyrics so beautiful they both warm my soul and make me cry. This song successfully does both of those things, it’s sort of the musical equivalent of someone giving you a massive hug and telling you everything is gonna be alright. Thank you, Queen Taylor.

Grace – Rag n’ Bone Man
Another song that I need to thank work for reminding me of. I love love love Rag n’ Bone man’s voice, and this song is super beautiful and also makes me feel like everything is right with the world. Can you see a theme emerging through this playlist? That’s what I was aiming for.

I Couldn’t Be More in Love – The 1975
The 1975 aka kings of having heavenly backing vocals in their songs. There are SO many chilled The 1975 songs but I picked this one because I was listening to it on the bus the other day and staring out the window as if I was in an emotional music video and wow it just gave me those vibes.

Told You So – Little Mix
This is one of my favourite songs from Little Mix’s latest album, ‘LM5’. It’s got such a sweet and empowering message of girls supporting each other through everything – in this case it’s a break up but really for me it emphasises the fact that your best friends always have your back no matter what and it makes me smile.

Excuses – Olly Murs
I absolutely adore dramatically belting this song out at the top of my lungs while I’m driving and I think that’s all that needs to be said about it.

Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran
Even though this song makes me wish that I had someone who would sing it to me (lol forever alone life) it does give me that warm fuzzy feeling that I’m trying to get across through this playlist. Also it’s the ultimate arm-waving-at-a-concert song so there’s that.

Overjoyed – Bastille
I literally adore every single Bastille song ever made. Their songs are just so lyrically beautiful, deep and meaningful and this song gives me chills in a good way.

Right Now – Haim
I actually went to see Haim live in June and they were absolutely amazing. Every time I hear this song I just remember how beautiful it was live – they played it on the middle stage and it was a proper torches in the air, arms swaying along moment.

When it Rains – Paramore
Now this song is about 12 years old but 11 year old me ADORED it. Like, I would actually listen to it on repeat and never get bored of it. Every time I hear it now it just makes me smile because I think back to when I was all cute and innocent. Aww, those were the days.

Turn Right – Jonas Brothers
With the return of the Jonas Brothers (yes I am still lowkey freaking OUT) I thought it was only right that I add one of their songs onto this playlist. I absolutely adored them when I was younger and as you can probably tell, when they announced their comeback it was the best day of my life, not even being dramatic. This song is so comforting and beautiful and I’m so happy because now I can listen to the Jonas Brothers’ old songs without crying over the fact they aren’t together any more. Blessed.

I hope you enjoyed this playlist, and if you want to give it a listen the link is here:  https://open.spotify.com/user/clarelxuise/playlist/2LySYfOLfTQjbCCmH3QDza

What are your favourite songs to chill out and relax to? I’d love to hear your recommendations or know whether you have the same go-to tunes as me! Let me know in the comments whether you enjoyed my playlist and whether you’d like me to do more posts like this in the future.

As always thank you so much for reading, x

Comments

Popular Posts