The Christmas tag

I always struggle to think of good Christmassy post ideas, and I really salute everyone who manages to successfully do blogmas because I could never be that organised to do a blog post per day! I’m the first to admit my posting schedule is literally non-existent, but so much has been going on this year that it’s been hard for me to find time and inspiration to post.

Anyway, I saw a few people doing this Christmas tag so I thought I’d give it a try!

  • What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?

My ultimate favourite Christmas movie is ‘Elf’, it’s just the best! Me and my family watch it every year without fail and I can basically quote the entire movie by heart. Yet, no matter how many times I watch it, it will ALWAYS be funny. It makes me laugh, it makes me happy and I just think it’s the perfect film to put you in the festive mood.

  • Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?

First of all… who opens their presents on Christmas Eve?! That’s scandalous. Nope, I open all my presents on Christmas Day, first thing in the morning when like an overexcited kid I run downstairs and whack the Christmas CD on.

  • Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?

 Hmm, I don’t think I do have a specific one to be fair. Every Christmas is special to me, but one that comes to mind was Christmas 2007 when my parents got me tickets to see Avril Lavigne, my first ever concert. I guess that would be my favourite because that’s where my love for concerts began, and it’s only grown since then.

  • Favourite festive food?


ALL OF IT. Actually joking, I don’t really like turkey or Christmas pudding, oops. It has to be Yule Log, I love it so much. Oh, and pigs in blankets.

  •  Favourite Christmas gift?


I’d have to say the same as my favourite Christmas memory, the Avril Lavigne tickets.

  •  Favourite Christmas scent?
Not entirely sure what this is supposed to mean but anyway. I have this Christmas candle which is white peach and champagne scented, not sure if that counts but it smells so good.

  •  Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
No, not really. I don’t open any presents or anything like that. Usually just watch some Christmas movies and then go to bed early so that Christmas can come sooner. Like the inner five year old that I am.
  • What tops your tree? 
We actually haven’t had anything to top our tree for the past few years, but this year we’ve moved house and we actually have two trees, so we decided to buy tree toppers for both. They’re cute sparkly silver stars.

  • As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received? 
I actually don’t think I ever asked for anything that crazy that I didn’t get it? I always wanted a puppy or a pony but I don’t think I ever actually put it on my Christmas list because I knew it would never happen, haha.

  •   What's the best part about Christmas for you?
FOOD. Nah, I’m joking, although I do love the food. The best part for me is just the whole feeling of Christmas; having your family around you, getting to see people you haven’t seen in ages, sharing gifts and love and memories. For me it’s a time for giving and sharing not only presents but quality time with your family which we don’t always get during our busy lives, and a time for appreciating what you have which is something we are all probably guilty of not doing from time to time.
  • Have you ever had a white Christmas?
No, sadly enough, I don’t think I have. It’s snowed around Christmas but never actually on Christmas Day.

  • Where do you usually spend your holiday?
I always spend it at home with my family. I couldn’t imagine going anywhere else for Christmas.

  • What is your favourite Christmas song?
Definitely ‘Fairytale of New York’. It makes me feel so, so festive and whenever I hear it I can’t help dancing around and singing along, it makes me so happy and I don’t think it’s possible to not feel Christmassy when you hear it.

  • Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Umm… Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Donner, Blitzen, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Rudolph. SMASHED IT.

  • Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
They’re fake. We used to have a real one but the needles dropping are so annoying and our dog would probably try to eat them. Not fun.

  • What is your all time favourite holiday treat/food/sweet?
Pretty sure I already answered this? Yule Log as I said, definitely. The queen of all Christmas desserts.

  •  Be honest, do you like giving or receiving gifts better?

I definitely used to prefer receiving presents, I mean what little kid doesn’t? But recently I’ve loved giving people presents, especially over the past few years when I’ve been able to afford to buy my own presents. Nothing compares to seeing the happiness on someone’s face when they open a present you’ve bought them, no matter how cringey it sounds.

  •  What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I would LOVE to go to New York at Christmas, it looks so magical! Or Disney World because that just looks amazing too.

  • Are you a pro present wrapper or do you fail miserably?
I used to be terrible at wrapping presents but since I worked in retail and had to wrap up breakable things in tissue paper and bubble wrap, I became a wrapping master.

  •  What made you realise the truth about Santa?
What do you mean? Santa’s real, duh. Kidding. I don’t actually remember when I found out? I think when I got old enough I just kind of realised, as well as the tooth fairy. That was a sad day for my childhood.

  • What makes the holidays special for you?

As I’ve already said, just being surrounded by family and friends and sharing special moments and memories with them. Having the time to be with people you don’t always get to spend a lot of time with is what makes Christmas so special for me. Even if it’s just playing board games with your family, going around visiting grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles and family friends, everything about the festive season just makes me so happy.
Wow, that was a lot of questions. I don’t know how many people will have stuck around to read all my answers but thank you if you did!

This will be my last blog post before Christmas, but I’ll be back before the New Year with a post rounding up my favourite things about this year. I hope you all have the most wonderful Christmas! 

I’d just like to say a massive thank you as well for 200 followers on bloglovin, I know it’s not a lot compared to most other bloggers but it means so much to me that people read my posts and follow me.

As always thank you so much for reading and Merry Christmas, x

Comments

Popular Posts