The Christmas tag
I always struggle to think of good Christmassy post ideas, and I really salute everyone who manages to successfully do blogmas because I could never be that organised to do a blog post per day! I’m the first to admit my posting schedule is literally non-existent, but so much has been going on this year that it’s been hard for me to find time and inspiration to post.
Anyway, I saw a few people doing this Christmas tag so I thought I’d give it a try!
- What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
My ultimate favourite Christmas movie is ‘Elf’, it’s just the best! Me and my family watch it every year without fail and I can basically quote the entire movie by heart. Yet, no matter how many times I watch it, it will ALWAYS be funny. It makes me laugh, it makes me happy and I just think it’s the perfect film to put you in the festive mood.
- Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
First of all… who opens their presents on Christmas Eve?! That’s scandalous. Nope, I open all my presents on Christmas Day, first thing in the morning when like an overexcited kid I run downstairs and whack the Christmas CD on.
- Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
Hmm, I don’t think I do have a specific one to be fair. Every Christmas is special to me, but one that comes to mind was Christmas 2007 when my parents got me tickets to see Avril Lavigne, my first ever concert. I guess that would be my favourite because that’s where my love for concerts began, and it’s only grown since then.
- Favourite festive food?
ALL OF IT. Actually joking, I don’t really like turkey or Christmas pudding, oops. It has to be Yule Log, I love it so much. Oh, and pigs in blankets.
- Favourite Christmas gift?
I’d have to say the same as my favourite Christmas memory, the Avril Lavigne tickets.
- Favourite Christmas scent?
- Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
- What tops your tree?
- As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
- What's the best part about Christmas for you?
- Have you ever had a white Christmas?
- Where do you usually spend your holiday?
- What is your favourite Christmas song?
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
- Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
They’re fake. We used to have a real one but the needles dropping are so annoying and our dog would probably try to eat them. Not fun.
- What is your all time favourite holiday treat/food/sweet?
- Be honest, do you like giving or receiving gifts better?
I definitely used to prefer receiving presents, I mean what little kid doesn’t? But recently I’ve loved giving people presents, especially over the past few years when I’ve been able to afford to buy my own presents. Nothing compares to seeing the happiness on someone’s face when they open a present you’ve bought them, no matter how cringey it sounds.
- What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
- Are you a pro present wrapper or do you fail miserably?
- What made you realise the truth about Santa?
What do you mean? Santa’s real, duh. Kidding. I don’t actually remember when I found out? I think when I got old enough I just kind of realised, as well as the tooth fairy. That was a sad day for my childhood.
- What makes the holidays special for you?
As I’ve already said, just being surrounded by family and friends and sharing special moments and memories with them. Having the time to be with people you don’t always get to spend a lot of time with is what makes Christmas so special for me. Even if it’s just playing board games with your family, going around visiting grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles and family friends, everything about the festive season just makes me so happy.
Wow, that was a lot of questions. I don’t know how many people will have stuck around to read all my answers but thank you if you did!
This will be my last blog post before Christmas, but I’ll be back before the New Year with a post rounding up my favourite things about this year. I hope you all have the most wonderful Christmas!
I’d just like to say a massive thank you as well for 200 followers on bloglovin, I know it’s not a lot compared to most other bloggers but it means so much to me that people read my posts and follow me.
As always thank you so much for reading and Merry Christmas, x