Get to know me tag

I’ve seen a few people doing this tag, and since I realised I’ve never really done one like this before I decided to give it a go! Since most of my posts are about music, I figured that you guys don’t really
know that much about me as a person so hopefully this will be a fun way to get to know me better.

  1. What is your middle name?
My middle name is Louise, hence my username on social media. I always used to prefer my middle name to my first name but I don’t think being called Louise would suit me, but I do like Clare Louise so that’s why I use it as my blogger name.

  1. What is your favourite colour?
Since I was little my favourite colour has always been orange, it’s just so bright and cheerful. But I also love purple so if I was decorating my bedroom or buying something I would generally choose purple because orange isn’t the most practical colour!

  1. Who was your first best friend?
When I was in reception (the first year of school) I had a best friend called Erin. She was the first person I called a best friend even though I was only 5, but she moved away about a year later and we never kept in contact so that’s kinda sad.

  1. How tall are you?
Not very tall at all. In fact I’m very short. I’m just over 5 foot 1, not quite 5 foot 2.

  1. Cats or Dogs?
Definitely dogs! I do like cats but it’s always been dogs for me. Ever since I was little I always wanted a dog and around 2 and a half years ago we finally got one! He’s called Toby and he’s adorable.

  1. Funniest moment throughout school?
There’s literally way too many to count, and most of them are inside jokes that other people won’t understand! But I’m going to tell you one from University because this was the funniest, yet at the time most traumatic, moment of my entire education. So it was first year of Uni and the day of my last exam, and I thought my exam was in the afternoon. I decided to check my timetable just to make sure and saw that my exam started at 9:30. It was 9:20. My exam started in 10 minutes. Safe to say I have never panicked more in my life, I hadn’t had breakfast, brushed my hair, teeth, anything. Luckily I was dressed so I grabbed my bag from my desk and RAN to campus. My accommodation was around a 15 minute walk from campus at a normal pace. I sprinted like a mad woman, half crying, half panicking, all the way there. I must’ve looked absolutely insane. I got there just as the exam was starting and I didn’t have a clue what to do. At this point I was so out of breath and crying because I thought I’d completely messed up my entire degree (silly little naïve first year me), I knocked on the door and my lecturer opened it and I must’ve looked such a state, still out of breath, trying to wipe my face, no makeup on, messed up hair. I told him I thought the exam was this afternoon and luckily I was allowed in. PHEW. He even gave me his bottle of water, how sweet. Anyway, even though at the time I was freaking out, I look back on it now and laugh. I wish I could’ve been a witness because I must’ve looked absolutely hilarious and tragic.

  1. How many countries have you visited?
I go abroad on holiday almost every year, but I haven’t been to that many different countries. We usually go back to Mallorca every year and I’ve been to Barcelona on a school trip which are both Spain. I’ve been to France (Disneyland Paris and Lyon), Belgium (although for half the trip we didn’t know if we were in France or Belgium, haha) and Italy. I’ve been to Ireland if that counts, and America (New York and Florida). So that’s 6 in total, which is pretty good and I’m so grateful for the chance to have been to these amazing countries, but I would love to explore so much more of the world.

  1. Are you in/gone to college?
I’m gonna assume this means uni, yes I have. I went to University of Birmingham from 2013 and graduated in 2016. I’m going back to uni (I just can’t get enough!) in September to do a masters in magazine journalism in Nottingham which I’m really excited about.

  1. What was your favourite/worst subject in High School?
My favourite subject in school was English, hence why I did a degree in it! And my worst subject was either maths or physics. I was absolutely rubbish at maths and physics is just the worst thing imaginable for me – I hate space, it scares me, and it involves maths too so a big no-no for me.

  1. What is your favourite drink?
Well this is a hard question. Depends what mood I’m in and what the weather’s like. In summer, I love iced tea and coffee, and also Fanta lemon is a fave of mine on holiday. In winter, I love drinking tea and when I’m on my break at work I’ll always get a vanilla latte to warm me up and give me energy!

  1. What is your favourite animal?
Probably dogs, but when I was little I always had this weird fascination with kangaroos. I just think they’re really cool.

  1. What is your favourite perfume?
This is gonna sound so cringeworthy but I wear ‘Between Us’ by One Direction almost every day, it’s actually such a nice scent! I also love Taylor Swift’s ‘Incredible Things’ perfume.

  1. Tea or Coffee?
Ah, this is so tough! As I’ve just said, I enjoy both, but I definitely drink tea more than coffee! I drink about 6 cups of tea a day, haha. I do love coffee but only the milky, sweetly flavoured ones so I’ll only ever have them if I’m out. So I’d probably say tea as I don’t think I could live without it!

  1. What would you (or have you) name your children?
Oooh I always used to think about this when I was younger! I think they’ve changed a lot since then, though. I really love the name Ava for a girl, it’s simple but really pretty. I’m not sure what I’d call a boy, I quite like the name Dylan or Harvey as they’re cute and not that common.

  1. What sports do you play/have you played?
Wow, I really wasn't lying about my sport ability. Classic.
I don’t play sports unless I’m forced to! I’m not good at sports, let’s just say (shoutout to my fellow always picked last for the netball team squad). I did used to play golf, and I still can, but I don’t really have time any more.

  1. What is your favourite book?
My favourite book has always been ‘The Declaration’ by Gemma Malley, when I say this to people they’ve never heard of it which is so sad because it’s an amazing book. It’s actually the first of a trilogy so if you’re looking for something new and different to read please check them out! It’s got such a unique plot, it’s set in the future where they’ve invented a drug that makes you live forever, but at the price that you’re not allowed to have any children. It makes you think so much and it’s just so interesting, which is why I love it so much.

  1. Who are some of your favourite YouTubers?
I don’t watch any youtubers, sorry. It’s just not something I’ve ever really got into.

  1. What is your favourite movie?
‘Little Miss Sunshine’, hands down! I’ve probably watched it about 20 times and I never get bored of it! It’s so funny but it’s also got a sentimental side, it’s the perfect balance and that’s what I love about it.

  1. Are you single or taken?
Single forever. Lol.

  1. What’s your idea of an ideal first date?
Actually having someone who wants to take me on a date. Haha. But probably just something chill like going to the cinema or out for a meal would be enough for me. Nothing extravagant. I’m not asking for much!

  1. How many girlfriends/boyfriends have you had?
None. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Yep, I’m 22 and I’ve never had a boyfriend, never been on a date, never kissed anyone of the opposite sex (or in fact the same sex). But even though I do get a bit down when I see my friends’ cute Instagram and facebook photos of them with their boyfriends, there’s nothing wrong with being single. I’m just waiting for the right person, I’m not willing to jump in at the first opportunity I get, and I’m sure the right person is out there for me somewhere. (if they could hurry up a little though that would be a bonus, just saying).

  1. Favourite memory from childhood?
Is it bad that I can’t think of one? I look back on my whole childhood really fondly but there’s no moment that particularly sticks out to me. Maybe when I went to Disneyland when I was about 7, that was one of my first holidays and I loved it despite the 40 degree heatwave, haha.

  1. Do you speak any different languages and how well?
I did A Level Spanish so I can speak that quite well but nowhere near fluently. I could probably hold a simple conversation with a Spanish person but that’s about it.

  1. Do you have any siblings?
Yes I have a sister who’s about 2 and a half years younger than me.

  1. How would you describe your fashion sense?
Um, pretty standard I guess. I’m not really into the latest fashions and stuff, if I like something and feel comfortable in it then I’ll wear it.

  1. What is your favourite restaurant?
This is such a hard question! I love all restaurants! No seriously, I would eat just about anywhere. My most frequently visited restaurant is definitely Nandos, though!

  1. What are some of your favourite TV shows?
It might sound lame but I really love quiz shows! I watch every one possible when I can, but my favourite is ‘The Chase’. Another of my favourite TV shows is ‘The Middle’ which is an American comedy show and it’s really funny. I’m not really too into any TV series, but I will confess that I do love Teen Mom and Catfish!

  1. PC or mac?
If I could afford a mac I definitely would have one! But a PC will do for now.

  1. What phone do you have? (iOS v Android?)
I have an iphone 5c, I’m a bit behind everyone else because I had a nokia windows phone until just over a year ago when I got my first iphone. I’d love an upgraded iphone though because mine only has 8GB storage which is nothing, but I don’t really mind.

  1. Tell us one of your bad habits!
Biting my nails! I’ve done it for years and have been attempting to stop multiple times. Every time I actually manage to get my nails to a decent length I just bite them again! It frustrates me so much because I don’t even realise I’m doing it until I look at my nails and they’re half gone! So yeah, I’ve tried every method I can find but if anyone has any advice it’d be much appreciated!

I hope you enjoyed this post, it’s a bit different to what I usually do but it’s nice to spice it up every once in a while! Let me know what you thought in the comments and whether you’d like me to do other ‘tag’ posts in the future, I always love hearing from you!


Once again thank you so much for reading, x


Comments

  1. Great tag! I'd definitely choose dogs too, they're so much more loving! xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts