Summer playlist

Not a very long post today, but I thought I would share some of the songs I’m loving this summer with you. Some of them are new, some old favourites, but all of them are my picks to get you in an upbeat mood even if the weather has other ideas. Perfect tunes to blast with the windows down on a road trip, singing along at the top of your voice or just to listen to whilst chilling with a few iced beverages.

• The Sound – The 1975

• She’s American – The 1975

• Into You – Ariana Grande

• Greedy – Ariana Grande 
(probably the most perfect scream-at-the-top-of-your-lungs-with-the-windows-down song ever)

• Money – Lawson 

 Rio – Lawson 
(to put you in the Olympics mood)

 Good Grief – Bastille

• You Don’t Know Love – Olly Murs

• Cake By The Ocean – DNCE 
(THE bop of the summer let’s be honest)

• Shut Up And Dance – Walk The Moon

• Desire – Years & Years Ft. Tove Lo

• Can’t Stop The Feeling – Justin Timberlake
(another iconic tune this summer, how can you not wanna dance as soon as you hear this song?!)

• Hymn For The Weekend – Coldplay 

• Charlemagne – Blossoms
(not my usual style of music to be honest, but I keep hearing this on Radio 1 and I love it so much!)

• Sippin’ on Sunshine – Avril Lavigne

• Grown – Little Mix

• Hair – Little Mix

• All You Had To Do Was Stay – Taylor Swift
(I also love belting this one out as I’m driving with the windows down. Very out of tune, might I add.)

• What A Feeling – One Direction

 Ready To Run – One Direction

• I’m OK – Olly Murs
(This song is a few years old now but seriously how can you not have the hugest grin on your face when you listen to this song?)

• New Romantics – Taylor Swift

• Sovereign Light Café – Keane
(Keane are quite underrated but if you haven’t heard this song you NEED to. One of my absolute fave summery tunes)

• Real Thing – Boys Like Girls
(Another pretty old song – well a few years but hey – but it also gets me in such a summer mood)

• Under The Sun – Lawson 

Obviously there are loads more songs I’m jamming to at the moment, but I’ve compiled some of the ones that really radiate summery vibes. You can listen to my playlist on Spotify if you like here: https://open.spotify.com/user/clarelxuise/playlist/5fWnE1LFmgJdxCqoqnT5F2 (Unfortunately it doesn’t include the Taylor Swift songs for obvious reasons).

Which songs get you in the summer mood? I’d love to hear your comments below, whether it’s what you think of my playlist or what tunes you’re loving at the moment!

Comments

Popular Posts